Construction work is essential to the growth and development of our society, providing employment opportunities and contributing to the economy. However, job sites can be dangerous places, with the potential for accidents and injuries to occur. In fact, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 1,062,700 non-fatal workplace injuries and illnesses were reported in 2021 alone.
Job site accidents can cause significant physical, emotional, and financial harm to workers and their families. That is why, if you or a loved one has been injured in a job site accident in Lakeland, Florida, it’s essential that you understand your legal rights.
Understanding the most common causes of job site accidents can help you stay safe and prevent accidents from happening. To that end, this job site accident lawyer in Lakeland, Florida is going to review the five most common causes of job site accidents below.
- Falls: Falls are the leading cause of job site accidents in Florida. They can occur from a height, such as a ladder or scaffolding, or a ground-level slip or trip. Falls can result in serious injuries, including broken bones, head injuries, and spinal cord injuries.
- Struck-By Accidents: A struck-by accident occurs when an object strikes a worker. This can include falling objects, such as tools or equipment, or vehicles operating on the job site. Struck-by accidents can result in serious injuries, including broken bones, head injuries, and even death.
- Electrical Accidents: Electrical accidents can occur when workers encounter exposed electrical wires, machinery, or equipment. These accidents can result in electrical burns, shocks, and even death. To receive compensation for these types of injuries, your job site accident lawyer in Lakeland, Florida will need to prove that your injuries were the result of inadequate training or improper safety protocols.
- Machinery Accidents: Machinery accidents can occur when workers operate or are struck by heavy machinery, such as forklifts or cranes. These accidents can result in serious injuries, including crushed limbs or death. Inadequate training, improper use, and lack of maintenance are often the causes of machinery accidents.
- Trenching and Excavation Accidents: Trenching and excavation accidents can occur when workers are digging or working in an excavation site. These accidents can result in cave-ins, suffocation, and even death. Inadequate safety protocols, lack of training, and failure to inspect the site are often the causes of trenching and excavation accidents.
When you are injured in a job site accident, you may be facing mounting medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses. It can be overwhelming to navigate the legal system on your own while also recovering from your injuries. That’s where a job site accident lawyer comes in.
An experienced job site accident lawyer in Lakeland, Florida can help you understand your legal rights and options. They can guide you through all aspects of the legal process — from gathering evidence to negotiating with insurance companies to secure fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a job site accident in Lakeland, Florida, it’s important that you have a knowledgeable job site accident lawyer on your side. That’s where we can help. As the top-rated job site accident attorney in Lakeland, Florida, Tonya Stewart and her legal team are dedicated to helping injured workers get the compensation they deserve.
Tonya Stewart has a proven track record of success in job site accident cases. Tonya and her team know how to gather evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, and present a strong case in court. Contact Tonya Stewart Law PA today at (863) 279-4473 to request a free case evaluation.